Chocolate chip waffles as a Valentine’s breakfast is an indulgent way to start the day. For an extra hit of flavour, add some chopped strawberries or raspberries to the batter before cooking.
500ml Snowflake Cake Wheat Flour
10ml Snowflake Baking Powder
60ml (50g) sugar
25g chocolate chips
200ml evaporated milk
60 butter or margarine, melted
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together before adding the sugar and chocolate chips.
- Whisk the eggs, evaporated milk, milk and melted butter together. Add to the dry ingredients and beat until the batter is smooth, thick and lump free.
- Leave the batter to stand for about 30 minutes. It should be thick, but add more milk if necessary.
- Heat the waffle iron, spray well with cooking spray and pour the batter into the iron. Allow to set slightly and then close the waffle iron. Cook for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with syrup, chocolate sauce or cinnamon.